Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

How to fix the 550 #5.1.0 Godaddy recepient email address rejected .
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Computing discussion.
  • Page:

TOPIC: How to fix the 550 #5.1.0 Godaddy recepient email address rejected .

How to fix the 550 #5.1.0 Godaddy recepient email address rejected . 12 years, 6 months ago #14

• dxv
  • Administrator
First check your MX records.:
Email> Manage Account> Domains (look for it at left top corner>Server Addresses).
There it will show you, if your MX record are correct. If not correct, option should be available to fix it.

Pay attention to see what server address is associated with SMTP:

Host Names
HOST:	m1pismtp01-v01.prod.mesa1.secureserver.net
HOST:	p3pismtp01-v01.prod.phx3.secureserver.net
IMAP:	imap.secureserver.net
POP:	pop.secureserver.net
SMTP:	smtpout.secureserver.net

MX Records
0	smtp.secureserver.net
10	mailstore1.secureserver.net
Your MX records are correct.

And then use MXtools online www.mxtoolbox.com/ and check that SMTP address.
Keep the notes of the resolution for your reference:

Auth	Type	Domain Name	                     Canonical Name	    
N	CNAME	smtpout.secureserver.net	[b]smtpout.where.secureserver.net[/b]

For simplicity I would use the SMTP server as outgoing server. But if you want to use your domain that you own, you will have to create additional MX and A or CNAME records to point This custom domains, to the provided SMTP that points to the canonical named server above .You can further resolve that to IP, but if IP server changes your email will again stop working, so is long term more efficient to stick with the canonical server naming (i think).

For example I used pop.secureserver.net as incoming and smtp.secureserver.net as outgoing.They wore listed in DNS Zone so I grub them and went on with email.
I could receive emails fine but sending to free email accounts like Google failed with the 550 #5.1.0 error.

After checking the above servers and using the MXtoolbox I discovered that that I need to be using smtpout.secureserver.net as outgoing email.

Also address email.secureserver.net ended with identical canonical name and server IP.
But my original MX:smtp.secureserver.net resolved to NOTHING!
So do not get fooled by naming in GD.

So at this point I know what is the destination my email have to access to send my emails properly.

Conclusion:
Make sure that GoDaddy got server and MX records right, if not fix them using the automated option, and that you using the right smtp out server, and if custom naming is needed make sure to add proper DNS records in your zones.

SSL ports are provided so use them to increase security.
pop3 incoming is using port 995
smtp out is using port 465

Test your configuration and try some free email accounts to confirm that gmail and yahoo is error free.
Last Edit: 12 years, 4 months ago by u4david.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.11 seconds